Monday, January 28, 2013

ODEMWINGIE APOLOGISES TO WEST BROM FOR TWITTER RANT

Odemwingie
The Nigeria international Peter Osazie Odemwingie is likely to be facing disciplinary action over his recent Twitter outburst at the club, despite offering his apologies.


Odemwingie had originally vented his frustrations at Albion for rejecting his transfer request last week, only to tweet on Sunday: “Looked through my tweets. Deleted some. Was too much. Only excuses - home alone, dark, son and wife in hospital, frustrated.''

Although the former Lokomotiv Moscow man has shown contrition, he may still face a fine of two weeks’ wages, with the Baggies confirming that statements by players on the social network site form part of the club's disciplinary code of conduct.

Technical director Richard Garlick said  “Since we turned down Peter's transfer request, he has made his position clear in a statement to the media and via his personal Twitter account. This matter will be dealt with internally.”

West Bromwich Albion have rejected a second bid from Queens Park Rangers for the wantaway striker

An opening offer was turned down earlier this month, and QPR boss Harry Redknapp has carried out the promise he made after Saturday’s FA Cup defeat to MK Dons to step up his efforts at strengthening his squad.

But Redknapp may have to look elsewhere to bolster his frontline, following another knockback from The Hawthorns.

Garlick said “QPR have made a second, improved offer for Peter, which we have turned down as we have repeatedly stated, we have no need or desire to sell our core players.”

It would be recalled that Odemwingie took to twitter to attack the coach of the super eagles of Nigeria for leaving him out of the African cup of nations currently holding in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...