These are the football headlines and update making waves today. Enjoy!
• DEAL OFF: It’s reported Santos have abandoned their attempts to sign
Robinho, citing financial difficulties, so he will remain at Milan.
• WANTED: There are reports Roma want Douglas Maicon on loan, while Fiorentina’s David Pizarro could return to Manchester City.
• TARGETING: Joao Moutinho has claimed Monaco's main goal for the
upcoming Ligue 1 season will be to qualify for the Champions League.
• RESCINDED: Juventus signing Carlos Tevez will not have to complete
his community service in Manchester, as it was rescinded today.
• WANTED: Manchester United and Chelsea are reportedly up against
Manchester City to try and sign Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic, whose agent
is reportedly in England.
• HARD WORK: Pep Guardiola has
warned his Bayern Munich side that they face a tough pre-season as he
looks to implement his ideas on the team.
• ULTIMATUM: 3SC have handed their coaches led by Hakeem Busari a three-match ultimatum to perform or ship out.
• CLOSER: German Bundesliga side Hoffeinheim have moved closer to signing Enugu Rangers star Emeka Eze.
• FINALIST: France will battle Uruguay in the final of the U-20 world
cup in Turkey after edging pass Ghana and Iraq respectively in the semi
• DELIGHTED: Fiorentina manager Vincenzo Montella has
described Mario Gomez as a "great player" ahead of his move from Bayern
• CASH RELIEF: The Imo State government recently
released the sum of N60 million to enable Heartland FC aka the Naze
Millionaires meet their financial obligations which includes the balance
payment of sign-on-fees for last season, part payment for the current
season as well as other miscellaneous expenses.
• LOGGER HEADS:
Sunday Oliseh had criticized coach Stephen Keshi for taking as much as
eight home-based players to the Fifa Confederations Cup, and accused him
of being too reliant on the Glo Premier League stars.
SABOTAGE: Lawal has been named in a six-man panel set up by the Sports
Ministry to probe the incident and draw up a code of conduct for the
national team, but he says the players should have conducted themselves
better after describing last month's row between the Super Eagles and
NFF as an act of sabotage by the players.
• WEIGHING OPTIONS:
Nigerian midfielder Onyekachi Okonkwo remains holed up in Johannesburg
as he weighs up his options following his release by Orlando Pirates.
• ELIGIBLE: Mohammed Gambo remains eligible for the second leg of
Nigeria's African Nations Championship qualifier against Côte d'Ivoire
despite Kano Pillars announcing that the striker has agreed to join Club
Africane of Tunisia on a three years deal.
• THREATENED: The
Nigeria Football Federation has threatened to involve the police in the
investigation of the two matches that produced a scandalous 146 goals,
as the Disciplinary and Organising Committee awaits the report of the
• BATTLE READY: Nigeria international
Ahmed Musa returned to Russia last weekend to start pre-season training
training with CSKA Moscow despite spending less than a week with his
teammates, says he is ready for the Super Cup clash against Zenith St
• MISS OUT: Manchester United are set to miss out
on summer target Thiago Alcantara with Bayern Munich now the likely
destination according to reports.
• LAST ACT: According to
reports which reveals that Leonardo who has quit of being the sporting
director of PSG will try to lure Edinson Cavani to the paris club before
he steps down in August.
• MISS TOUR: Manchester United
captain Nemanja Vidic will miss the club's tour of East Asian and
Australia due to the fact that he has been receiving treatment on a
• SLASH YOUR WAGES: Russian club Anzhi
Makhachkala have asked star striker and skipper Samuel Eto'o to accept a
huge pay cut if he is to remain at the club beyond the expiration of
his current contract in May 2014, the camerounian is on a €20m per
annum, the club wants it to be slashed to €7m.
Rachael Ugiagbe Iseoluwa is a creative,passionate and intelligent sport writer. She is also an ardent Chelsea fans. You can follow her interesting and timely sport posts on face book